1. My heart was always on my sleeve, it always will be. If it wasn’t, my heart wasn’t in it.
2. I expressed things sooner rather than later. I’d rather have no regrets than die wondering “what if ?”. In the end, I’m not wandering
3. I was brought up in a culture that made men hard. If you saw my tears, then you probably know that was a glimpse of my heart and soul. It was all you’ll ever see again
4. I’ve put heart, soul and passion into everything. I’ve taken the risks and suffered the loss. There is nothing like heartbreak received and given.
5. I never confessed love unless I really meant it.
6. I made mistakes. Big ones. I was probably yours and you were mine
7. I mourned too long. Beat myself up about it. I probably missed my soul mate during these times
8. I gave up on love because of you. I wanted to give up life too. You were never worth that.
9. Saying sorry was hard. Not being forgiven was worse
10. Not getting closure caused the greatest pain I’ve ever experienced.
11. Looking for closure wasted many years of my life
12. Different phases of life and circumstances made me a different person. Everyone changes. I’d like to believe it was for the better
13. Lies kill. I told them. I heard too many and believed them.
14. I trusted you. I lost that. You trusted me too. I may have lost something really great but broken trust is irreparable.
15. I avoided awkward communication. I hate hurting anyone. I don’t enjoy confrontation
16. I raised my expectations because you ignited a spark inside me.Defusing that spark isn’t ever easy
17. Winning is easy. Losing is something I took to heart. Until I heard “The sun will rise tomorrow. No one died. Life carries on. Celebrate your highs and spend less time dwelling on lows” – Mike de Kock
18. Despite doing everything I could for you, I had limitations. You saw this as a weakness
19. Our path led to better ones
20. Our journey ended with greater wisdom for me
I am grateful. Without all this, I wouldn’t be the man I am today.
21. I now recognise narcissists, psycopaths and their ilk that destroy others lives. I help their victims come to terms with this. I identify with their pain
22. I was the right guy at the wrong time. You were just the wrong woman
23. I allowed myself to be used. I let you exploit my kindness without expectations
24. I gave up easy gratification for long term contentment and happiness.
25. I reinforced my faith and realised that rejection was God’s protection
26. I made peace with never being a father. It isn’t the same as losing a child as I can never imagine this loss, or experience it first hand. I will never bury or grieve a child lost
27. Giving everything is dangerous be it emotional or material.
28. I gained the gifts of empathy and compassion by your lack of them
29. Everyone has a sad story to tell. It exposes them and makes them vulnerable. It makes people understand what lies underneath. You gave me mine
30. People that laugh in darkness give others beacons of light. It was the only gift you left me with
31. Silence is never golden
32. The lack of intimacy IS relationship ending. The emotional bond broken is irreparable
33. What you say about others is a reflection of yourself. Avoid gossip and degrading others
34. Build friendship.